Don’t miss your chance to pitch your way into China!
- The Nanning Government in China and Smart Nanning is appointing Cloudbae, to organize our 5th ever Smart City Startup Pitch Competition.
- Many startups have not experienced much success finding their way into the Business Eco System. Cloudbae’s incubation of promising startups will serve as the catalyst you need to succeed in the competitive China market.
- The world is facing a new normal in the post-pandemic era. As a result, this competition aims to provide a different kind of value proposition to start-ups wanting to venture into China
Besides the attractive prize monies to be won, Cloudbae also offers the best smart city Startups access to highly strategic networks. It will help to turn ideas into sought-after solutions, and opportunities to break into new markets!
To be part of the core components of a smart city. A modern city is a complex entity, comprising of a range of facets that support the human lifecycle. From transport to administrative services, a range of spheres transformed by smart city technologies includes the following:
What consist of a Smart City?
- You only have an idea
- You don’t have know how far you can stretch this in the future
- You have a small team of at least 3 like-minded people
- You do not have any revenue
- You need funding to help you kick start
- You have a viable product from your idea
- You have a vision of your impact in the future
- You have a team of dedicated people in a company
- You are generating some revenue
- You need funding to expand and grow
Competition Timeline 2022
Competition Timeline 2022
Announcement of Prelim Finalists
Rehearsal for Prelim Finalist
Announcement of Grand Finalists
Mentoring of Grand Finalists
Official introduction of China Organiser and Takeover
China Market Value Add Session
Rehearsal for Grand Finalist
(Livestreamed in Nanning)
Competition Judging Criteria
i. Innovation and Creativity.
Your solution should clearly define the product or service provided, the biggest problem it is solving comparison with other alternatives, and its long term vision and goal.
ii. Commercial Value.
Your solution should emphasize on its revenue model, the projected growth rate, and breakeven point.
iii. Returns on Investment Analysis.
Your solution should contain a comprehensive analysis of the ROI, it’s potential on all addressable markets and feasibility.
iv. Marketing Strategy.
Your solution should contain a comprehensive marketing plan to include the target audience persona and their biggest challenges, marketing objectives, and channels of outreach.
v. Public Service.
Your solution should provide immense benefits and convenience to the people aspiring to live in smart cities.
i. Excellent Flow.
The pitch deck must be well-structured with relevant sections, well-researched content, and aesthetic in its presentation.
ii. Delivery of Response.
Understand the judges’ questions accurately. Able to answer with clarity and logical thinking in a concise and fluent manner.
iii. Critical Thinking.
Able to present on the spot defense of the idea with clarity on the entrepreneurship plan.
iv. Team Synergy.
Good team spirit, with neat and presentable appearance, commendable presentation skills and coordinated sense of humour.
Mentoring of Business Idea and Presentation.
If your team becomes a Grand Finalist for the China Competition, you will be paired with a Startup Mentor who will spend quality time with you to sharpen your pitch and USP.
Value-Adding Pitch Coaching Sessions.
There will be at least one session on China Business and Startup Eco System masterclass conducted by an expert from China.
Expert advice on Business and Eco Systems in China.
There will also be fringe activities such as panel sessions to help you understand the Chinese culture and their ways of business.